Planning & Zoning Commission
Monday - Friday
8: 00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Note that some permitting goes through Franklin County.
MP Planning & Zoning Code
- Chapter 12
- Chapter 1273 Property Maintenance Code
- excerpts from Chapter 4
- excerpts from Chapter 6
- Chapter 14
- Additional applicable ordinances
Permits & Forms
- Authorization Consent Form
- Driveway / Sidewalk Application
- Plumbing Permit
- Fence Permit
- Land Use / Zoning / Re-Zoning Application
- Building Permit - Commercial/Multi-Family
- Building Permit - Residential
- Temporary Sign Permit Application
- Permanent Sign Permit Application
- Home Occupation Permit Application
- Property Improvement / Accessory / Design / Demo Application
- Variance / Appeal Application
- Zoning or Code Violation Complaint Form
MP Fee Schedule
If the Planning & Zoning Commission is unable to grant you a permit because your request does not satisfy Village ordinances, you may apply for a variance to the Village Council on the basis of a hardship case.
- Obtain a Variance Application, available at the Community Building from 8 a.m. to noon.
- Fill out the application (frequently done at the Community Building during the first visit), have it deemed complete by the Planning & Zoning Clerk and Code Enforcement Officer, and pay the application fee (cash, check, or money order).
- The notice of the variance application will be advertised in the Villager newsletter for the next two months. The variance applicant must provide all adjacent property owners by mail a copy of the variance. Both of these are required by Village ordinance.
- Council will consider the variance at the following month’s meeting (they meet on the second Monday of the month).
- If Council grants your variance, the project may begin the next day. If denied, the only recourse is through the court system.
MP Planning & Zoning Commission Members
- Pam Park-Curry, Chair
- Michael Braun, Village Council Liaison
- Lynn Eisentrout, Mayor
- Lisa Craddock Thitoff, Resident-at-Large Member
- Donna Kopecky, Resident-at-Large Member
- Jayson Wickard, Code Enforcement Officer (nonvoting, advisory role)
- Eric Fischer, Village Planning Director (nonvoting, advisory role)
- Becky Pelishek, Zoning Clerk (nonvoting, administrative role)